Making your business or organization accessible, both online and physically, is an ongoing process. Do not think that once you’ve taken a step to be more accessible that you have finished. Your goal should be to continue to be more inclusive & accessible as you learn more, as needs evolve and as technology changes.
Below are a few quick tips of things that you can easily do to your existing website to make it more accessible:
- Add Alternative Tags or “Alt Tags” to all images on your site so that they can easily be read by screen reader
- Add closed captioning to any of your videos
- Update your online PDFs so that they can be read by screen readers
- Avoid or minimize unnecessary blinking & image movement
- Add your phone number to the top of the page so that it can be found easily. Also make sure it is clickable.
- When considering 3rd party apps, ask about their level of accessibility